How Do You Know That You Need An Aging Life Care Professional?
When caregiving for an aging family member becomes overwhelming, it may be time to contact an Aging Life Care Professional.
You may need an Aging Life Care Professional if:
- The person you are caring for has limited or no family support.
- Your family has become involved with helping the individual and needs direction about available services.
- The person you are caring for has multiple medical or psychological issues.
- The person you are caring for is unable to live safely in his/her current environment.
- Your family is either “burned out’ or confused about care solutions.
- Your family has limited time and/or expertise in dealing with your loved ones’ chronic care needs.
- Your family is at odds regarding care decisions.
- The person you are caring for is not pleased with current care providers and required advocacy.
- Your family needs education and/or direction in dealing with behaviors associated with dementia.
- You live at a distance for your loved one.