Our Elder Care Services
We specialize in working with the elderly and their families to find the best care options and maintain peace of mind for all involved.
Initial Consultation and Assessment
The first engagement is the initial consultation. This is preferably done in the elder’s home so that we may get a first look at their environment and challenges. We spend the time understanding the elder’s current situation and challenges. We’ll review the options and services available in care management to provide the best quality of life possible for your loved one.
After the initial consultation, our Care Manager will conduct a careful assessment of the individual’s needs by evaluating his or her physical, cognitive, emotional, financial and psychological condition. Based on this assessment, the Care Manager will develop a care plan to enable the client to remain in home as long as possible.
As needed, we may then arrange a variety of services and act as a liaison between the client and those contracted to provide the services. This phase is carried out with a goal of preserving independence and maintaining the safety and dignity of the client.
We offer support in the form of counseling for the client, family and caregiver. We focus on the following:
- Crisis intervention and prevention
- Addressing conflicts among family members
- Guidance in making difficult decisions
- Assisting the elder parent in accepting the services being provided
We provide personalized healthcare services in the home. These services are tailored to individuals and can include:
- Specialized Health Care: nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
- A Home Health Aide for assistance with daily living tasks such as dressing, bathing and personal care.
- Medication: we arrange delivery of medication, allocation of daily dosages and monitoring of proper usage.
- Out-Patient Medical Services: we provide transportation and accompany the client to medical appointments.
- Medical Equipment: rental or purchase of necessary home healthcare supplies.
- Companion Services for social and emotional support.
- 24-Hour Emergency Coverage: available for all emergency healthcare issues.
We provide home care services to assist in maintaining a safe living environment, adapted to the increased needs of the client.
- Home Safe Program: an analysis of the home environment and implementation of adaptations to ensure safety. Growing Options coordinates and monitors all specialty contractors hired to carry out changes.
- Meal Planning: options offered include delivery of groceries, fully-prepared hot meals, in-home cooking by a home maker or arranging for hot meals at community senior centers.
- Home Maintenance: coordination of home repairs, housekeeping and lawn care
- Social Recreation: arranging and escorting the client to senior centers and other activities
- Transportation and Shopping as needed
Financial and Legal Assistance
We evaluate and make referrals with regard to the financial and legal needs of seniors and the disabled:
- Personal Finances: assistance in, or full-management of personal banking, bill-paying and budgeting.
- Insurance: assistance in determining entitlement eligibility such as Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Affairs benefits and others.
- Financial Planning: analysis of current income and assets to determine available options as needs increase and change.
- Legal Assistance: arrangement of Power of Attorney for health and/or financial decisions.
On-Going Monitoring Service
After the care plan is implemented, an on-going monitoring process is critical to ensure that the services provided continue to meet the needs of the client to the highest standards of care. Monitoring serves as an opportunity to:
- Assess the client’s satisfaction with services provided.
- Evaluate the impact of services.
- Review the medical, emotional and physical well-being of the client.
- Modify the care plan and its implementation to accommodate the evolving needs of the client.
- Provide documented feedback to the client’s family.
There are circumstances where your loved would be safer and have a better quality of life if they were in a senior living facility and not in their home. We have experience in moving elder and disabled loved ones into the appropriate facility to give them a better quality of life. It is a delicate process as they usually are very resistant to leaving their home and it is heart breaking to the family members to support this decision. But Growing Options does have the experience and creativity to make this a transition they actually look forward to. A lot of the success is also based on understanding their challenges and needs and placing them in the right facility which enhances their daily life.
Senior living facilities which Growing Options has worked with include:
- Assisted Living
- Nursing Homes
- Skilled Nursing
- Long Term Care
- Respite Care
- Residential Care
- Independent Living